Balsamic Pickled Beets
1 lbs beets, cut up into bite sized pieces
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cover beets with water and boil until tender… This about 20 minutes or more, depending on size (use a fork to test tenderness)
- Remove from heat, drain, and cover with fresh cold water to cool.
- When cool, peel and cut into cubes or slice.
- Put the cut up beets into a quart sized mason jar.
- Boil the remaining ingredients and pour over the beets in the jar until filled.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator (the longer the better).
See more recipes for side dishes HERE!