These super easy Sweet Potato Dog Treats were a hit with our doggy friend (and Levi’s noble steed).
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, steamed and mashed (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup pear or apple sauce (the baby food jars are the perfect amount and contain no added sugar). Feel free to use another fruit or vegetable as long as it is safe for the puppies!
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Pour dough onto well floured surface. Form into ball.
- Flour rolling pin and roll bought ball out to a sheet around 1/2 inch thick.
- Use small cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place on untreated cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until crisp.
- Remove from oven and use spatula to place treats on a cool rack.