Hearty Meat Sauce
With a hint of heat to it,this hearty meat sauce is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Perfect over pasta or spaghetti squash, this sauce also freezes very well so it can be saved for later use!
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 fresh tomatoes, diced or 1 can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cans tomato sauce
1 lbs ground buffalo (can be substituted with ground beef or turkey), browned
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook 1 lb of ground buffalo until browned, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large sauce pan and sauté garlic, onion, zucchini and chopped tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, salt, fresh basil, red pepper, Italian seasoning, black pepper, tomato sauce, and cooked ground buffalo.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and serve over pasta.
Check out my Pinterest Board with more beef recipes HERE!