Today I’m really happy to share my recipe for Maryland Crab Soup. I’ve lived on the east coast my entire life and one of my favorite staples is Maryland Crab Soup. I always order it whenever I get the chance but since we had frozen a bunch of crab meat we picked…what better way to use it then to make my all time favorite soup??
I started out looking for a recipe online but after reading comments (I really like to read comments on recipes…you find a lot of helpful tips there!), I decided to just wing it and couldn’t be happier with with the results. Try it out and comment to let me know what you think! Is there anything you would do differently? Let me know in the comments below!
MARYLAND CRAB SOUP
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup of all of the following ingredients:
- carrots, sliced
- potato, cut into small cubes
- yellow sweet corn, frozen
- lima beans, frozen
- peas, frozen
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- Half of 1 medium onion, diced
- Half of a 6 oz can of tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb crab meat, cooked …Fresh picked meat is always the best however, we used the frozen leftovers from crabs we had picked and it still turned out delicious!
- Combine tomatoes, water, broth, lima beans, carrots, yellow corn, onions, and Old Bay Seasoning in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the crab meat and simmer for 2 hours.
Want to see more seafood recipe ideas? Check out my Seafood Recipe Pinterest board HERE!