Below is our family favorite recipe for Salisbury Steak (often requested by the hubby)…It’s extremely simple and easy to do but also very tasty! Served with mashed potatoes and steamed snap peas, it makes the perfect comfort food!
- 1 lbs ground beef or bison
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 half medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Divide beef equally and form 4 patties.
- Season with salt and pepper (sometimes I’ll sub the salt and pepper in this step for Montreal Steak Seasoning for a boost of flavor).
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and brown hamburger patties on both sides.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Saute chopped onions in left over beef fat (if any…if not, use 1 tablespoon olive oil) for about 3 minutes. You can also add sliced mushrooms to this step…yum!
- Add 2 cups (or one can) of beef broth to the onions in the skillet and heat.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of flour and use a small whisk to blend thoroughly, adding salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add only a little bit more flour at a time until the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Place hamburger patties back into the pan with the gravy and cover with a lid.
- Continue cooking until hamburger is thoroughly cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
Check out my Pinterest board with other beef recipes HERE!